Boxwood Blight in the home landscape
- This fungal disease attacks all boxwood species/cultivars and now is confirmed on pachysandra.
- Boxwood blight can defoliate a boxwood in one season.
- Fungicides do not eliminate this disease
- Tan to brown circular spots on leaves
- Increased leaf litter as leaves shed
- Black to tan lesions develop on twigs
- Examine any Boxwood that you buy
- Isolate new plants from established plantings
- Maintain adequate spacing between plants to maximize air circulation
- Avoid overhead watering
- Remove plant debris
If you suspect boxwood blight symptoms you can call the University of Delaware Plant Diagnostic Clinic at (302) 831-1390